Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

What is connection configuration field of endpoint detail tab page used for?

IAMI
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello Saviynt Expert,

If you click any endpoint, on its endpoint details tab page, there is a field named "connection configuration" with default value:

{
"conf": [{}]
}

What is this used for? is it used in any out of box logic? Can I put anything in it? If yest, I want to utilize it for default account attributes values storage for technical rule/user update rule based account creation task. different rule may need different account attribute values.

Any comment please?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Hello,

In terms of AD application we can utilize this as follows :

Specify this parameter for managing Active Directory groups from the user interface.

1. Set the value of ConnectionConfig to <ADDMEMBERTOENT>True</ADDMEMBERTOENT>.
  2. In Show Endpoints, add <conf><ADDMEMBERTOENT>True</ADDMEMBERTOENT> </conf> in the ConnectionConfig parameter.
  3. Specify <ADDMEMBERTOENT>True</ADDMEMBERTOENT> between <conf> and </conf>.
Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

yusufw
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

The format of the field is now JSON, so setting it to an XML will return an error like 'Invalid format connectionconfig'

Do you have a sample JSON value?   Noticed that the default value was 

{
"conf": [{}]
}

IAMI
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello Manish, Thanks for your reply!

My application is not AD. that's why I am confusing when I go through "Creating Endpoint" documentation. it explain this filed for AD,  In case of non AD application/endpoint, can I use this field to define whatever I want? And it will not affect Saviynt runtime processing?

Thanks,