Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

What attribute stored the new account password?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I want to send email to account owner for new password communication when a new account is created (via JarConnector). I have configured the password policy for the target application/endpoint.

However, I cannot get the new password from either ${randompassword} or ${account_password}. Any idea how can I get the password set on new account creation?

If I do changePassword request, I can get it from ${arsTasks.getPassword()} but this does not apply to new account creation operation either.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

DaanishJawed
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @alc ,

Can you try with the below syntax when the account is provisioned?

${task?.password}

or

${task.password}

sk
All-Star
All-Star

password from task variable will only work if you change the password from change password feature. Ideally ${randompassword} should since it didn't work, please try ${password} or ${Password}

If it didn't work I want to know what is the variable you have used in createAccountJSON for password?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Also please include below content in your email template and share the output by removing sensitive information

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.