Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

validate email generation rule

asharma
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

asharma_0-1690523424847.png

Kindly help by validating email generation rule when we have more than 1 domain and each domain can have duplicates.

5 REPLIES 5

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @asharma ,

Usage of case statements for different domain-based email generation should be fine. 

Was not very clear on whether each domain can have duplicate emails. If yes, then the email generation logic won't work as it implicitly does a uniqueness check on the existing email values of the users table which would fail the rule1 if you have a duplicate and try to evaluate rule 2, if present. 

Configuring Identity Lifecycle Setup (saviyntcloud.com)

Thanks,

Armaan

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

asharma
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @armaanzahir what would be the alternative then if we have chance to have duplicates in user list.

You can use dataset and store all used email address against domain and build logic. Now daily basis you can use jar code to add newly created email address into data sets

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @asharma ,

What's the way you're creating users? Is it from the UI or from import or api? In any case you can always run another Sav4Sav DB job to run on the users table and populate the email based on the logic you have supplied in the question.

Thanks,

Armaan

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

asharma
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

I am running import job and importing the users from import. However, I am looking something in the syntax for email generation rule so that i can avoid running anything else. Please suggest