Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

UserName Generation Rule Queries

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Hello team,

I am following upon the Post : Solved: UserName Generation Rule - Saviynt Forums - 40822

Case 1 : As discussed when User modification auto approve is set , username is generated as expected from upload/create user via admin and Create User request. --> Working As Expected

Case 2: When any other workflow is selected, then use the Dynamic attribute concept to generate username in the Create user request.

Can someone help me to understand where do we need to create this Dynamic attribute ? Where can i refer the FN_EIC_SEQGEN?

It would be great if someone assist.

Issue Identified:

When we are running the query select (FN_EIC_SEQGEN('External')) as property from users users where users.USERKEY=778" from Data Analyzer we get an error.

Anyhow when executed from Analytics we see the value gets incremented 4 times.

i.e. we kept the ID in begining was 916168 ---- After 2 runs via anlytics (Preview mode only) it got incremented to 916176

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos
3 REPLIES 3

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Manu269 

Dynamic attributes needs to be created in identity life cycle for create user form.

Now if you are sql and using the function FN_EIC_SEQGEN- the value will come from the datasets . 

These are the OOTB functions in saviynt ( for more info please check the saviynt docs ).

Now as per this query- select (FN_EIC_SEQGEN('External')) as property from users users, you need to see what is the value stored in External in the dataset and based on that it populates the data as needed.

Note: Data analyzer doesnt have access to these functions, so you will need to check from analytics or user creation form.

Thanks

Darshan

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@Darshanjain I have checked the document.

I dont see the usage of same via DA or rather how the same can be used in genrating the unique username for users onboarded via form.

If you have any sample which shows the usage of DA and the query to be added in DA would be helpful.

Also, I am sure adding in DA, would help us in achieving the cases for multiple empType with complex workflows?

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Hi @Manu269 

From the DA it is basically an sql you need to write as per your logic to get the value displayed in the username field, you need to check with the request table as well as other pending username may be present.

For sample please check this post- https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/quot-username-already-exists-and-its-pending-for-a...

Thanks

Darshan