Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User update rule update in ui

nfraternali
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

we are tryng to test this user update rule ' User update in UI - Assigned accounts update' but it doesn't work correctly.

In particular when we test this rule, the 5th line does not work. If we go to make the changes on a user who has an organizational position category (CP9) different from what is written in equals it takes the changes and run the rule when it shouldn't.

nfraternali_0-1663169400417.png

we also put the parentheses in this way but doesn't work.

nfraternali_1-1663170008388.png

can you help us?

Thank you

Noemi

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  1. Does preview gives data ?
  2. Share logs when you update user & share screenshot of values which are used in user update rule

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @nfraternali,

When using AND and OR in the same rule, I would suggest to use the Advanced Config.

Could you re-create the rule in an Advanced Config mode and then try ?

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

IAMI
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello Avinash,

What table can I use in Advanced Config? Can I use any other tables besides users table? such as roles table, role_user_account table etc.? If yes, could you please give me an example query that check if a user have a specified role name assigned?

Thanks

Yes it is 

Example:

a.username in (SELECT DISTINCT u.username from users u inner join user_savroles usr on u.userkey=usr.userkey inner join savroles sr on sr.rolekey=usr.rolekey and sr.rolename in ('ROLE_ADMIN'))

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

IAMI
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot Saathvik, This is very helpful!

Specifically, I wanted to use this table below. I'll try it out.

I am wondering the record on this table is generated at request time, approval time or after actual provisioning time? Does Saviynt have kind of temp table concept for different stage of the request/task processing?

Account Entitlements Table (account_entitlements1)

Record in account_entitlements1 will appear after successful provisioning. And there is no staging concept at least in provisioning process.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.