We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

User update rule only running on update from import

Rosy_J_Nsonde
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello,

I opened the following ticket "SAVRole not assigned even though user update rule ran" last week and got a solution to the issue I reported.

However, I noticed that the user update rule only runs if an existing user's management level field is updated.

I would like the rule to run as well when a user is created, and the management level field matches the condition for the rule to run.

What is the best way to achieve this requirement?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Rosy,

I looked at the screenshots from your other post https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/savrole-not-assigned-even-though-user-update-rule-.... As long as the technical rule is marked as a birthright and the condition matches at the time of user creation, it will create the tasks.

I move the technical rule and user update rule to our TEST environment and got a couple of users created through an import.

The rule didn't get triggered.

It only got triggered when I updated the field using csv upload.

Rosy_J_Nsonde_4-1679485966136.png

Rosy_J_Nsonde_1-1679484978590.png

But when I update through a csv file

Rosy_J_Nsonde_2-1679485148534.png

Rosy_J_Nsonde
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Since this is not working as expected, should I make the technical rule detective?What other options do I have?

Thanks.

When you created user update rule what is your trigger action? is it update or create?

sk_0-1679708387449.png

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Rosy_J_Nsonde
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Saathvik,

I addressed the issue by creating 2 user update rules.

The only difference between the two rule is that one is triggered "When user is created through an import" and the other is triggered "When user is updated through an import".

They both call the same technical rule.

If you have a more efficient alternative, please let me know.

Thanks

No that's how you should able to address this, For the same reason I pointed out to the trigger action to make sure that you have rule created with trigger action as User creation 

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.