Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

User Update Rule - Notify as an email - Template displays only "True" in the body

Alex
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Hi,
to follow our design requirements we need to use Advanced HTML CSS to display the template as needed.
About the setup:
We have different user update rules, where the action "notify as an email" is defined. 
About the findings:
If a mail template is configure with raw text or simple html, the email is correctly displayed
example:
Alex_3-1686045484172.png
If a mail template includes an advanced HTML CSS the template is not working and the content is not getting displayed (only value true):
example:
Alex_4-1686045530220.png

In the attachment you can find a html code example. 

The same template is working during all other possible ways of notification (Endpoints, Analytics, Workflows). 

Are you aware of a similar behavior or know about any case, where saviynt is checking the content of the body an displaying it with "true"?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Email template supported variable can be checked below :

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Alex
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

even I was not looking for the binding variables, I brought me to the idea to check the inserted variables in the template and found the issue.
We have definded the attribute ${user?employeetype} and it seems like saviynt is case sensitive in case of templates via user update rule.
The right attribute is ${user?.employeeType}

Thanks, will fix that within all templates