Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

user's password and user's deletion in saviynt

saviynt2
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi team

i'm working on the iga l100 labs Version 23.1 and i have 2 question :
1) if i create a user and i want to delete it, i can't find the delete button and when i use the one click disable all the entitlements associated with this user are disabled and the status is turned to inactive, but the user is still there. the question is how to delete it

2) when i create a new user and i give him a SAV ROLE how i can find his sav password to log in to saviynt, i can use the admin module to reset it, but i want to know if the password is sent by email or is stored in a attribute when initially i create the user

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

1) if i create a user and i want to delete it, i can't find the delete button and when i use the one click disable all the entitlements associated with this user are disabled and the status is turned to inactive, but the user is still there. the question is how to delete it

Ans - Once the user is created you will not be able to delete the user.

2) when i create a new user and i give him a SAV ROLE how i can find his sav password to log in to saviynt, i can use the admin module to reset it, but i want to know if the password is sent by email or is stored in a attribute when initially i create the user.

Ans - If you are creating user from UI the initial password has to be reset from Admin module or you can use Reset password tile in ARS.

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

Thank you for your help ! 

1) In Saviynt, is the deletion of users only "not" possible in this specific case of labs, or is it also impossible in general ? If this is the case, why do we need to keep the inactive users ? 

2) if I have to import a list of a 100 users for example, do I have to reset the password for all of them (one by one) ? And is it only applicable in this case (this lab), or otherwise are the passwords sent by email to the users in general. Because the Saviynt IGA L100 says that the password is created randomly based on the password policy. 

Regards, 

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@saviynt2 did you get any answer about sending password over email for new users? I am also looking for this answer. 

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

1) In Saviynt, is the deletion of users only "not" possible in this specific case of labs, or is it also impossible in general ? If this is the case, why do we need to keep the inactive users ? 

You will not able to delete any user in any environment. 
Inactive users are kept for audit requests.

2) if I have to import a list of a 100 users for example, do I have to reset the password for all of them (one by one) ? And is it only applicable in this case (this lab), or otherwise are the passwords sent by email to the users in general. Because the Saviynt IGA L100 says that the password is created randomly based on the password policy. 

You can use password policy to reset the password.

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Saviynt IGA Does not provide the capability to delete any user in any environment.  The reason behind the same is for Audit. In case, the ID is deactiviated mistakenly or say tomorrow if the same ID (user) has to be reinstatiated then this would be helpful.

Refer this link Managing Password Policies (saviyntcloud.com) to understand the Password Policy

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos