Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Use of last update date/timestamp field for Incremental Import in Database

sdey_2023
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team,

We tried to perform the incremental import from SQL DB with the last update timestamp column value not being changed in the source DB for the User record but the User update/change from DB did get imported and reflected as part of the incremental import in Saviynt.

Could you please confirm how Saviynt performed this incremental import without the last update timestamp value being changed. Does it track other field value changes as well? If yes, what is the use of specifying incremental column as "last update" field in the import xml then?

3 REPLIES 3

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

The incremental import does comapre the last update timestamp column. Only if this column has a greater value than tha last job run time, will the job pick a record.

Can you check in the logs when the job ran, the query that was executed. Also, can you refer the below Connector guide to ensure the configurations to successfully run incremental import are set as defined.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/DB-v2020x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Importin...

Regards,
Sahil

sdey_2023
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @SB ,

Thanks for your response. I have specified the last update timestamp column in the import XML as follows:

<mapper description="This is the mapping field for Saviynt Field name" dateformat="timestamp" incrementalcolumn="last update date">

Although I have not mapped the last updated field to any Saviynt property as it is not mandatory for the incremental import to work (Ref-Solved: Incremental column mapping in Database Connector U... - Saviynt Forums - 27503).

I have checked that even though there is no change in value of the last update timestamp column since the last job run, still it is importing the updates in other columns via incremental import job. 

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you check in the log once, the DB query executed when you run the incremental job.

Regards,
Sahil