Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Use Case : Assign approval to entitlement owners in role modification Workflow

ksadhashiva
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

We have a requirement to assign approval in a role modification process to the owners of the entitlements being added to the role. I am using a custom query block with below query, but unable to find the correct variable to use to fetch the entitlement owners based on the request_accesskey/accesskey from request_access table. Could someone please share the correct variable to be used.

Query :

select eo.userkey from entitlement_owners eo, request_access ra where ra.ACCESSKEY = eo.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY and ra.ACCESSTYPE = 2 and ra.request_ACCESSKEY = ${request_access.id}

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

select userkey from entitlement_owners where entitlement_valuekey=${REQUESTACCESSOBJ.id} and rank = 1

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

REQUESTACCESSOBJ.id doesn't work in role modification scenario, correct me if i am wrong.

The current problem i am facing is unable to assign the approval activity to correct entitlement owners. Custom query needs to fetch the entitlement_valuekey based on the requestaccess_key of the request.

select eo.userkey from entitlement_owners eo, request_access ra where ra.ACCESSKEY = eo.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY and ra.ACCESSTYPE = 2 and ra.requestkey = ${ARSREQUEST.id}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

ksadhashiva
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the query,

it works for a single entitlement, but when  2 ents are added to a role with 2 different owners, the assignment will not be individual rather clubbed. owner of ent2 can approve ent1, vice versa. so to differentiate the assignments, the lookup variable should be request_accesskey. i tried with ${Request_access.id}, but it doesnt work.

Can you please help correct variable to be used.

Thanks,

Karthik

That won’t be possible as we can’t loop and check inside query. You need to have some property of entitlement which will define groups in such cases 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak