Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Uploading Entitlements using Schema Based Upload (Delete Entitlement)

WilliamD
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm following the topic:

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter04-Onboarding-and-Managing-A...

In this documentation, it is clearly wirtten, that we can delete entitlement value if the entitlement are not in the file action and if we set the property to Delete

WilliamD_0-1681975655550.png

WilliamD_1-1681976062317.png

It's what I did, but it doesn't work, entitlement values are still there.

Can you help me to make this function work ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @WilliamD 

As per my understand, Saviynt wont delete the entitlement, I believe below property should be set

entnotpresentaction="inactive" or "noaction"

In case of inactive, if the entitlement is not part of the access import , then the one present in Saviynt will be marked as Inactive.

In case of noaction, if the entitlement is not part of the access import , then no action would be taken for the entitlement which is present in Saviynt.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

WilliamD
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot for your quick return dgandhi,

In my case for the version that I use, v5.5
It is the property ENTITLEMENT_VALUES_NOT_IN_FILE_ACTION:
I have both possibility for the property but there is no "inactive".

• Delete: Use this action to remove the existing entitlements from SSM and upload the entitlements from the CSV file.

• No Action: Use this action to retain the existing entitlements in SSM and upload the entitlements from the CSV file.

I was therefore hoping that it was possible for me to delete rights created by mistake.

Thanks

I am using the above mentioned config in Saviynt v5.5SP3.

I don't think Saviynt supports deleting the entitlement value as part of import but let anyone from Saviynt team confirm on this point.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@WilliamD  Saviynt does not support hard delete of entitlements. We either mark them as Suspended with '-deleted' naming convention or the status can be marked as inactive and the entitlements cannot be used.

Suspended with -deleted tag is for accounts only and not for entitlements.

For entitlements , it will only be marked as inactive.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Agreed. Few connectors like DB, File based can be configured to have -Deleted in some older versions.