Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Upload Endpoints using File Based Import

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Team,

As per documentation: https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v231/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Uploa... we can upload the endpoints using file based Import.

For that I need to prepare the file attached in document and go to Admin > Identity Repository > Security Systems > Endpoints and click on Actions -> Upload Endpoint

But when I navigate to Endpoints I don't see an upload Endpoint option instead only export or create options are available

Am I missing something or misunderstood the process?

sk_0-1678316563124.png

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.
4 REPLIES 4

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Saathvik,

Thanks for highlighting it. We will review this and get it addressed.

Alternatively, you can be able to create the endpoint by uploading the entitlement values corresponding to the new endpoint by navigating to Admin-> Entitlement Values -> Upload Entitlement Values and by enabling the checkboxes as provided in the below screenshot.
This will basically create a new security system and endpoint if it doesn't exist.

Attaching the sample file for your reference

saikanumuri_0-1678319158177.png

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @sk ,

If you read through the document mentioned, under the uploading endpoints using file based import, once you go to the list of endpoints, you select an endpoint.

Once an endpoint is selected, under 'Action', you can find the upload endpoint option. Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 3.56.03 PM.png

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Even If I need to create new Endpoint select any specific endpoint and then upload?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@sk , yes for now, you need to open an existing endpoint and then upload the file for new endpoint creation.

Also please make sure to manually create a security system and change the respective details in the xls file you'd upload. You might have to make changes in endpoints, entitlement_types sheets in the sample file which you can get from the below documentation. Also the default values for 'entitlementswithnewacoount' is given as 5,7 in the sample xls file. So please make sure you change/remove the default values accordingly before using the sample file.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter04-Onboarding-and-Managing-A...

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi