Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Upload dataset API

afauquem
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to refresh dataset values via API using uploadDatasetCSV.

however I am fancing an issue. The request failed with this error : “Attribute column and csv header must be same”. 
The values have same number of column.

I’ve seen on the forum that the problem was known and need to be fixed : https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/upload-csv-to-dataset-table-via-api-not-working/m-...

I’m using version 24.1.

Is there a higher version where the problem has been fixed?

thank you,

9 REPLIES 9

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is working in v24.4

rushikeshvartak_0-1718256757274.pngrushikeshvartak_1-1718256764960.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

robcivitello
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Is it possible this is broken again?  I get the same result as the original poster in v 24.5.4

CSV Fields:

cmdb_ci_service_auto_numbercmdb_ci_service_auto_namecmdb_ci_service_auto_environmentcmdb_ci_service_auto_u_disaster_recovery_tiercmdb_ci_service_auto_service_statusowner_emailsupport_groupchange_control_group

Dataset Fields:

robcivitello_0-1720481122306.png

Result:

robcivitello_1-1720481165692.png

• Remove content type = Auto

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

robcivitello
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

It can't be removed, it's a default value in postman, but it doesn't actually show up in the submitted code.  For example here's the curl (with url and token removed)

curl --location --request POST '---removed---/ECM/api/v5/uploadDatasetCSV' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer ---removed---' \
--form 'datasetname="CMDB_APPLICATION_SERVICES"' \
--form 'datasetValuefile=@"cmdbapps.csv"'

Share logs post calling API

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

robcivitello
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

attached log (url removed)

Looking for saviynt logs not postman

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Logs attached -- also i can see that the file IS actually being uploaded but the dataset isn't being updated. See screenshot of test file that is showing up in saviynt after the API is executed.

robcivitello_0-1720800346228.png

Logs does not provide proper details 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak