Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Update ServiceNow request/task from Saviynt

aksharkay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

We have a use case in our project to update ServiceNow tickets/tasks.

When an enterprise role is requested, add access tasks get triggered for the entitlements part of the role. I am aware that we can create corresponding tasks in ServiceNow whenever these add access tasks are created (which will be helpful for manual fulfillment). We can also poll the status of these tickets from ServiceNow and close the tasks in Saviynt based on the ticket status in ServiceNow.

But for connected systems, when the task in Saviynt gets auto-closed post provisioning, is it possible for Saviynt to call a ServiceNow API to update the ServiceNow task status according to the Saviynt task status?

Please do let me know if anyone has any insights on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Akshar 

5 REPLIES 5

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Let me check on this and will update.

Regards,
Sahil

aksharkay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Sure Sahil, thanks a lot! Looking forward to your response!

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Just to be sure, is this connected application different from Service now. Do you generate 2 separate tasks, 1 for the Connected app and 2nd for Service Now? 

Regards,
Sahil

aksharkay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Yes, by connected systems I mean any application that has been integrated with our Saviynt instance using REST APIs. It includes ServiceNow (integrated using the REST connector) as well.

Let's say I have a connected system which is Azure AD. When I add a user to an Azure AD entitlement, an Add Access task is created in Saviynt. I would like a task to be created in ServiceNow (containing the Saviynt task details like task key, entitlement name, task status etc.) corresponding to the Azure AD Add Access task in Saviynt. After the WSRetryJob is executed in Saviynt, when the Azure AD Add Access task is automatically fulfilled, I would like Saviynt to call a ServiceNow API to close the corresponding task in ServiceNow. Similarly, if the add access provisioning fails in Saviynt, I would like the status of the corresponding ServiceNow task to be updated with the Saviynt error details.

Please do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Akshar

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

This will not work as the Saviynt application would not have a way to retrigger the ServiceNow task based on the action status of another SS.

Regards,
Sahil