Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Unable to update/replace an inactive role owner via API

Yogendra
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

We are unable to update/replace an inactive role owner using the API. The details are inline:

Scenario:

When current role owner status is inactive in SIGA, we are unable to replace the current owner with new owner using below API request in SIGA.

API Details: 

https://ssm-dev-pmi.saviyntcloud.com/ECM/v5/updateEnterpriseRoleRequest 

Method: POST

Payload: 

{'roletype': 'ENTERPRISE', 'role_name': '<role_name>', 'requestor': '<username>', 'owner': [\{'rank': '1', 'ownerName': '<imdl_id of current Role owner>', 'updateType': 'REMOVE'}

, {'rank': '3', 'ownerName': '<imdl_id of current Role owner>', 'updateType': 'REMOVE'}, {'rank': '26', 'ownerName': '<imdl_id of current Role owner>', 'updateType': 'REMOVE'}, {'rank': '1', 'ownerName': '<imdl_id of new Role owner>', 'updateType': 'ADD'}, {'rank': '3', 'ownerName': '<imdl_id of new Role owner>', 'updateType': 'ADD'}, {'rank': '26', 'ownerName': '<imdl_id of new Role owner>', 'updateType': 'ADD'}]}

Response:

200 OK

{"errorCode":"0","message":" Owner Not Active. Role Updated Successfully"}

Need your support to achieve the same. We can also connect over call for discussing the issue at a time that suits you.

Regards,

Yogendra Shukla

11 REPLIES 11

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Does it not remove the inactive owner or does it not even allows you to perform the ADD operation. Also, can you try to perform the actions (ADD and Remove) individually and see if it works. 

Regards,
Sahil

Yogendra
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Sahil,

We tried executing the APIs individually. The results are inline:

ADD operation works and the new role owner is added successfully

Remove operation does NOT work and the INACTIVE user is not removed as the role owner. Please suggest.

Regards,

Yogendra Shukla

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

I am not able to find this API in my collection. Can you share the reference document so that I can check?

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Yogendra
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Yogendra Can you confirm if this was resolved. I just tested on the v23 and it did work for me. I was able to remove the Inactive Role Owner. 

Can you try with ECM/api/v5/updateEnterpriseRoleRequest

Also below is a sample of payload I used

{  
   "roletype":"ENTERPRISE",
   "role_name":"Finance_IT",
   "requestor":"admin",
   "owner": [
    {
        "ownerName" :"Sb",
        "updateType": "REMOVE"
    }
   ],
   "customproperty36":"cp36modified",
   "endpointname":"HelloWorld"
}

Regards,
Sahil

Yogendra
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Sahil,

We are on Saviynt version 5.5 SP 3.13. May I request you to kindly confirm if it is working on the same as well.

Regards,

Yogendra Shukla

Its not working in v5.5

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushi,

Please suggest the way forward.

Regards,

Yogendra Shukla

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

I may not have that version to test on but it should definitely work.

Regards,
Sahil

Yogendra
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Sahil,

Kindly find the screenshot suggesting that it is not working on Saviynt 5.5 SP 3.13.

You can see add is working but remove is not working.

Yogendra_0-1686242735883.pngYogendra_1-1686242782775.pngYogendra_2-1686242794816.png

Regards,

Yogendra Shukla

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

In case its not working, you can raise a ticket with Support.

Regards,
Sahil