We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Unable to modify SaviyntDefaultRule User password policy

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

I'm unable to modify what appears to be a default user password policy in Saviynt. Whenever I make changes even just to rename it then click Update, it appears to complete without any errors, but if I go back to the Password Policy list, the change does not reflect. 

I cannot create a new one because you can only have 1 user password policy

I have ROLE_ADMIN access so it shouldn't be a permission related issue.

Thanks,

Aundre

4 REPLIES 4

Manikanta_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @aundreb ,

Ideally these changes are reflected instantly after updation,  try saving default policy as application policy and the create a new user policy.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Manikanta.S

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Unfortunately this doesn't work. I am getting the below error.

2022-11-15 13:02:00,222 [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-33] ERROR policy.PolicyRuleController - Error while trying to save Password Policy - grails.validation.ValidationErrors: 1 errors
Field error in object 'com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule' on field 'notificationtouser': rejected value [null]; codes [com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.error.com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser,com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.error.notificationtouser,com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.error.java.lang.Boolean,com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.error,policyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.error.com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser,policyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.error.notificationtouser,policyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.error.java.lang.Boolean,policyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.error,com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser,com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.notificationtouser,com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.java.lang.Boolean,com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser.nullable,policyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser,policyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.notificationtouser,policyRule.notificationtouser.nullable.java.lang.Boolean,policyRule.notificationtouser.nullable,nullable.com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule.notificationtouser,nullable.notificationtouser,nullable.java.lang.Boolean,nullable]; arguments [notificationtouser,class com.saviynt.ecm.policyrule.PolicyRule]; default message [Property [{0}] of class [{1}] cannot be null]

It seems you have some column missing in database table. Raise support ticket in saviynt freshdesk

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

mahafujkhan1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @aundreb ,

How did you fix this issue?

We are also facing the same issue.