Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Unable to map attributes while user upload via flatfile - need preprocessor json hint

Diptansu1
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello all , 

There is a use case where we need to upload users via flat file upload but the headers we have received  is this :

Staff_ID,Forename1:People,Surname:People,Full Name,Position,Department,Cost Code,User Email,Start Date,Leaving Date:People,Reporting Manager Name,Site

Now while upload we can do the respective mapping like Forename=Firstname and Surname=Lastname etc. But are there any preprocessor script through which we will only do the upload and the preprocessor JSON will do the mapping and we will just click on import now . Like no manual mapping . 

Unable to do so , tried couple of preprocessor scripts but seems they are only responsible for making computed attributes . Need suggestions around.

7 REPLIES 7

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Diptansu1 if you are performing UI upload then you can select the attribute name from the drop down. In case you are using schema based import then in the .sav you can update the correct saviynt attribute.

Diptansu1
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I have tried using .sav upload but unable to make it work . suppose i have ForeName:People in my file , i want to make this value to save in FIRSTNAME , where to specify in .sav file this thing . 

note : I tried putting below logic under preprocessor queries in .sav file but not working . Can you pls provide one sample for the above requirement:

"PREPROCESSQUERIES": [
"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET firstname=NEWUSERDATA.ForeName",

]

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Whenever you are uploading users on uploading preview page you can manually change column names . There is no preprocessing script to change column mappings on Ui

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thanks for the insight .Then to implement this requirement then as you suggested uploading from UI is not correct approach , then can you pls let me know to perform this what will be the best suited .sav file .

e.g. suppose i have ForeName:People in my file , i want to make this value to save in FIRSTNAME , where to specify in .sav file this thing . 

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Diptansu1 you can use .sav file which refer attached sample .sav file (change file extension from .tx to .sav before using it). Based on your requirement use the correct saviynt attribute name in .sav file (for example FIRSTNAME) corresponding to the column in data file and you should be able to update the data in Firstname attribute.

The schema based import supports inline processing as well. Refer following document for details on how to use schema based imports

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2021x/page/Content/Chapter03-User-Management/Uploadi...

Diptansu1
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi ,

I have gone through this link and prepared sav file as below :

Diptansu1_0-1682400460072.png

still its not working . Task is success but no user is inserted in Saviynt . Please let me know for this requirement if the attached sav file is fine.

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

In the screenshot all the lines are commented, can you uncomment at least the first 4 lines and also make sure the data file name mentioned in the .sav already exist in saviynt