We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Unable to login to AD after Change Password is performed on AD Account

Harish_Yara
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

We have changed password for user AD account using Change Password task and captured that password from email template from Saviynt, after changing the pwd tried to login with the changed password but it is not working (Giving password incorrect).  

Note: We have created custom password policy(matching with AD password policy) and configured at Security System level.

Is there anything that we need to validate from Saviynt end to fix this issue? 

@rushikeshvartak 

Thanks,

Harish

11 REPLIES 11

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Did you configured that after password changed user need to change password on first time login?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

No in AD user need to change password on first time login is not checked. still getting incorrect pwd.

@rushikeshvartak 

share JSON

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

I changed AD account password with LDAP code and password is changed, also able to login with that password to office account, then i tried with Saviynt by triggering Change Password task, password change is not happening for that AD account is there any config that needs to be added before firing Change Password Task?

Thanks,

Harish

I need json for same

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

HI @rushikeshvartak , We tried with pwdLastset=-1 and pwdLastset=0 in CREATEACCOUNTJSON bothways. I am able to login with Initial password that Saviynt generates after AD account creation and but the business requirement is to send the AD account credentials at the end of joiner process in order to achieve this we have created password policy and configured this pwd policy at security system level  and triggering Change Password task using update rule, but the Change Password functionality is not working (password is not changed for AD account). 

Thanks,

Harish

How change password task is created ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

In user update rule I configured Change Password task for required Endpoint @rushikeshvartak

what is source column in arstasks

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/2s83mbojGM#7222367a-39d1-472b-8839-d63b00e31c7d

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@rushikeshvartak  - Sorry I couldn't catch you. Can you please repeat the question again?

Harish_Yara
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak  - source value for Change Password task in ars table is - "PROVRULE"

Harish_Yara_0-1675511004568.png