We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Unable to fetch user manager email using binding variables

Suyash_Badnore1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

Hope you're doing good!

We're trying to fetch user manager email value using binding variable, we've been trying with few of the below variables but unable to fetch the value. We're trying this in REST based connector. Please let us know if you've come across any of the binding variables which can help us fetch the value for user manager email.

• ${manager.email}
  • ${manageremail}
  • ${usersManager.email}
  • ${users.manager.email}
  • ${userManager.email}

Thanks in advance!

Suyash

9 REPLIES 9

Ishan
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Suyash_Badnore1 , when you say fetch, do you mean fetching it to your target application from Saviynt (provisioning from Saviynt?).

If so, ${userManager.email} is the right variable to use in the provisioning JSONs. If you are not getting the value using this variable, please check if the manager's email is populated and then check the logs to see if you are seeing any errors. 

Ishan Kamat
Technical Architect, Professional Services
SaviyntLogo.png

Hi Ishan,

Tried with ${userManager.email}. I can see below error in provisioning comments. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

"code":404,"message":"Resource Not Found: userKey","errors":[{"message":"Resource Not Found: userKey","domain":"global","reason":"notFound"}]

Thanks
Suyash

Thank You Ishan it worked.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Try 

${userManager.email}

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

amit_krishnajit
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Suyash_Badnore1 ,

You may want to try the following binding to fetch the user's manager's email address.

${com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehouse.domain.Users.get(user?.manager)?.email}

Thanks,
Amit

Hi Amit,

Tried with suggested binding variable.I can see below error in provisioning comments. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

"code":404,"message":"Resource Not Found: userKey","errors":[{"message":"Resource Not Found: userKey","domain":"global","reason":"notFound"}]

Thanks
Suyash

Does user has Active Manager assigned?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

This error seems to be unrelated to the issue being reported. Could you share the JSON being used and logs upto 100 lines before and after you observe the error. 

Thanks,
Amit

Thanks for your responses Amit, it worked with ${userManager.email}.