Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Unable to apply condition with set up delegate functionality

Kaushik1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

We have a condition to apply for set up delegate functionality where we want to restrict the request raised for delegating access for users( under Parent user) who are part of user group(members or owners). We tried using the query : 'delegates.USERKEY != usergroup_users.USERKEY' which seems not to work. Could you please help with the same.

13 REPLIES 13

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

What is the exact condition you are looking to achieve as the delegate user query is used to filter out the users who can be set as delegates. Users who match this query will be available to be set as a delegates.

So are you looking for a condition when the users are part of a user_group they should not be allowed to be set as delegates?

I am looking for a query where when the users are part of a user_group they should not be allowed to delegate their access. 

If I understand correctly, If I am trying to set up delegate for myself(Assuming as a end user I only able to set delegate for my self) then I should not be allowed if I am member of any user group, If so use below statement.

select a from Users a where a.id = ${user?.id} and (select count(*) from Usergroup_users b where b.userkey=a.id)=0

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Kaushik1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

The query shared seems not working. I am not part of any user group. Now, at first place I am allowed to select my name under 'Parent User' which should not be the case and under 'Delegate User' no user list is coming up.

No user group:

Kaushik1_0-1678648651654.png

Parent user:

Kaushik1_1-1678648673518.png

Delegate user:

Kaushik1_2-1678648694766.png

@Kaushik1 :  Delegate list is dependent on some other configurations,

1. Do you have any delegate query setup in global configuration?

Define Delegate Query

sk_0-1678714701385.png

2. What is the configuration you have on Whom to Request on respective Sav Role?

sk_1-1678715548948.png

3. Does the logged user has any other SAV Roles which might have conflicting configurations?

I validated on my end when user is not part of any user group he is able to successfully apply delegate

User is not part of user group

sk_2-1678715660033.png

User can see himself as user in Parent User

sk_3-1678715725443.png

User can see list of users in Delegate User list

sk_4-1678715770111.png

User is part of User Group

sk_5-1678715814362.png

User is not able to see any user in Parent User hence won't be able to setup delegate

sk_6-1678715870815.png

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Kaushik1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

Could you please assist on the HQL query as well under 'Whom to request'?

Kaushik1_0-1679212083002.png

@Kaushik1 : This looks like different query to original post. If original query is solved please mark it as closed by marking the solution that helped and open a new thread for this new query. So that if helps others who are in same situation. Also please provide your requirement for Whom to Request when you are opening new thread, so that I can assist you with that.

Regards,
Saathvik

Kaushik1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

We updated the query in Savrole and global configuration but still, it seems not to work.

Kaushik1_0-1679670635553.png

Kaushik1_6-1679670977493.png

Kaushik1_2-1679670802241.pngKaushik1_3-1679670860271.pngKaushik1_4-1679670887439.png

Define Delegate Query in global configuration doesn't need to be configured unless you have restrictions on whom you can set as delegate. So if you have configured it please remove it and see

Regards,
Saathvik

Kaushik1
New Contributor
New Contributor

After updating the query shared only in Global configuration, we are unable to see user under delegate user

@Kaushik1 : Not sure if you followed my response or not. Query i shared is supposed to be used in SAV Role not in global configuration. Don't use any query in global configuration unless you have restrictions on whom you can set as delegate.

Query I shared will work as below if you used that in SAV Role under For whom can the user can setup delegate(no query in global configuration)

If I am trying to set up delegate for myself(Assuming as a end user I only able to set delegate for my self) then it will not allow me to do so, if I am member of any user group otherwise it will allow me to setup delegate

Regards,
Saathvik

Kaushik1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello Saathvik,

Could you please also help us with the query on how we can restrict users present in all the user group excluding one user group say 'x'?

Kaushik1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

Could you please also help us with the query on how we can restrict users present in all the user group excluding one user group say 'x'?