Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Technical rule not triggering even though condition matched

harishyara
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

Technical rule is not getting triggered even after condition was satisfied. when I preview the technical rule, user was showing in preview. Any suggestions to fix this issue?

Note: I am calling technical rule (Action as - Rerun selected technical rule) from user update rule. User update rule was triggered properly as expected but it is not calling technical rule to create a pending task.

Regards,

Harish

21 REPLIES 21

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @harishyara ,

Is your technical rule is detective? If yes, uncheck the Detective checkbox and try.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

harishyara
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@pmahalle - I have not checked any of the checkbox in technical rule but still not triggering.

@harishyara: Can you share whole screenshot of technical rule

If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

harishyara
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@pmahalle  - Please find the technical rule screenshot

harishyara_0-1692203320739.png

Hi @harishyara ,

Technical rule looks fine, does that user already account on "Test Sec System - Endpoint" either in active or inactive state?

harishyara
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @pmahalle 

I have checked the account in endpoint it is not present, even I tried with new set of users which are not present in that endpoint but still rule not triggered.

have you tried enabling Birthright checkbox? if not can you please try that let us know the behavior?

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

ruqayyah
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @harishyara,

Can you please select Birthright in the technical rule and try.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter05-Policies/Creating-Technic...

Regards

Ruqayyah

harishyara
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@ruqayyah - I tried enabling checkbox for Birthright option but no luck.

@harishyara 

can you please add one more condition in the technical rule and try that.

ruqayyah_0-1692718865103.png

Regards

Ruqayyah

PriyankaJha
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue, the technical rule is not getting triggered when new users are inserted through connection.  The Birthright option is checked in the technical Rule. 

When there is any update on the user, the user update rule is getting triggered and through rerun selected technical rule, task is getting created successfully  but technical rule is not trigerring.

The same  technical rule with same configuration has worked in DEV environment and its not working in QA.

Please let us know if there is any suggestion.

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka Jha

binoy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I also have the same problem in TEST environment, and it is working in DEV. Verion: 23.11.

Hi @binoy ,

How are you importing the users in Saviynt? By connector or CSV or through UI? Make sure Zero Day Provisioning is set to true while importing the user.

binoy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks @pmahalle 

I am importing the users via a combination of Workday Connector and Sav4Sav Connector. I have set ZeroDay Provisioning to true. There is a slight difference in my case. I have a batch of 4-10 users who are imported at a time and the User Update Rule gets triggered for all of them. But the Technical Rule gets triggered only for some of them, not all. The same use case was working in DEV, seeing this issue in TEST only. If I re-import the user one by one, the Technical rule gets triggered.

Strangely, the log says the rule is not active, whereas the same worked for other users at the same time.

share rule screenshot

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

binoy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@harishyara , As per the technical rule value for SAV LCM state should be "Not-Processed" at the time of user creation but as per user update history old value is "Process-Registration".

On user creation CP53 value is "Not-Processed"?

binoy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@pmahalle 

Users.customproperty52 =Joiner AND Users.customproperty53 !=Not-Processed AND Users.customproperty54 =Workday. Check the log attached earlier log_User2_tr_not_executed.PNG. It looks like a bug.

The Technical Rule is correct and works when I execute it later. The issue occurs only when I import a set of users.

@binoy ,

Can you try with advance query in your technical rule using below query and check once.

a.customproperty52 ='Joiner' AND a.customproperty53 !='Not-Processed' AND a.customproperty54 ='Workday'

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Is it issue due to hypen can you try removing hypen

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

navneetv
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II