Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Tasks triggered from rules/birthright dont get assigned to multi-step provisionning owners

BMurphy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I'm trying to figure out if this is an expected result or an issue; for all our pending tasks for disconnected applications, when we create new requests manually through the ARS, the tasks get assigned to the multi-step provisionning owner as expected.

However when an task is triggered from a rule/birthright instead of the ARS, the task doesn't get sent to the multi-step provisionning owner but the owner group instead (and if none are assigned, they get sent to admin).

This then sends emails for task completion to the wrong teams, I don't see a reason for why provisionning should be assigned to different teams depending on where the request originates from.

I will add a screenshot that shows 3 tasks from 1 application, the latest one created manually, the first two created from a birthright rule.

5 REPLIES 5

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @BMurphy , where did you assign the owner group?

BMurphy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey @NM, the owner group is assigned in the owner field of the endpoint in this case. (as well as ressource owner but this is for approval).

This looks like bug, Irrespective of source of task it should be follow same owners

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

BMurphy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Sadly I created a ticket for this issue as well and the reponse from Saviynt team was that this is an expected result.

Please raise enhancement request as this is not expected behavior

:light_bulb:For any desired improvements or enhancements to this process, Saviynt encourages you to submit your proposal through Saviynt's Ideas Portal at https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/

Your valuable input is crucial to shaping the evolution of Saviynt systems.

Please notify us once the idea ticket has been created.:light_bulb: 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.