Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Task id for Task creation email

km
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I am using the below variable for task creation. 

Binding Variable

Description

${task?.requestKey?.id}

Obtains the request ID associated with the task

The task id that comes in the email is a 3 digit number which is different than the actual request id or the task id.  In the Saviynt system, which id is picked up by this variable and how can I match it in the system?

Thanks

K

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Request ID: ${requestid}  --> Actual Request ID(Request History/Request Approval)

Task No:${task?.id}  --> Actual Task ID (visible under tasks (pending/Completed))

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @km,

If you are looking for the Request ID, use ${requestid}

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

km
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi, Thanks for your responses but ${requestid}  and :${task?.id}  did not work for me in the task creation template.  Also is does ${task?.requestKey?.id} display? ${task?.requestKey?.id} comes back with an id which I cannot match in the system so wondering what id that is.

${task?.requestKey?.id} gives internal process id.

Can you confirm where email template is  attached workflow/Endpoint Level/Global Config

& share logs if its not fixed

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

km
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thankyou @rushikeshvartak. If this an internal process id then I think Saviynt should not give this as a binding variable for task creation email because I dont know how the fulfillment team will use it unless there is a good reason for this to be sent out  in the email (Just my thought).

When I add request id or task id in the email for task creation, the email does not trigger whereas request id works fine for task completion. I will try to get the logs.

Again, Thankyou so much for all your help !! 

Easy way to find all variables in email template 

use below code in email body.

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@km Did it resolved your issue if yes you can accept working solution 🙂 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak