Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Task Creation Email to Manual Fulfillment Team

km
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi, 

We have a disconnected application onboarded. The endpoint owner is assigned. There are 2 tasks that will be created : The endpoint has the Email Template added for Tasks.

km_0-1653047231263.png

I am using  ${task?.endpoint?.getOwnersEmail()} in the To field of the email template. It did not work for me.

km_1-1653047308146.png

Am I missing something?

11 REPLIES 11

Nikitaj
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi,

Could you please confirm the version you are on as well as the error you are getting for this. Is it not triggering the mail or throwing some error?

Thanks

Nikita

Thanks
Nikita

km
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Nikita,

This is in version 2021.

-K

Nikitaj
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi

Thanks for getting back on this. Could you please also confirm  the error or may be attach it.

Thanks

Nikita

Thanks
Nikita

km
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Here is the snippet from the Email Job Log detail

km_0-1653058531033.png

Nikitaj
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi

Got you..its because some of the attributes are not exposed here in v2021, they need to be exposed to make it work.

Thanks

Nikita

Thanks
Nikita

km
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks Nikita. I will open a ticket.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

irrespective its Endpoint Owner as User / User Type below variable should work.

${assignee.email}

rushikeshvartak_0-1653059747197.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

km
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

I tried ${assignee.email} but that did not send the task email. Also, the task has to be fulfilled by the Operations team so it be a DL that I will have to use.

Do you know how can the task email be sent to a Distribution List  (DL)? Thinking we can use custom property to store the DL but can we refer to it in the email template?

What is the right way of sending task fulfillment email to a UserGroup?

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

${assignee.email} works only in approval email templates in Workflows to pick up the assigned approvers.

${assignee.email} doesn't work for task specific emails.

@km - For your usecase, you can put your DL in any of the endpoint customproperties. Put To in your email template as ${task.endpoint.customproperty2} provided you saved your DL in endpoint's customproperty2.

-Siva

amit_krishnajit
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

The task owner email can be fetched using the following expression:

${task.endpoint.ownersEmail}

This should evaluate both for Individual task owners or User Group task owners. In case of User group, this will evaluate to email address of each user in the user group. 

If you would like to send the email to a DL, then that would have to be stored in the Endpoint customproperty or Entitlement customproperty based on requirement. 

Thanks,
Amit

km
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thankyou All!!!