We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

System Username Generation Rule is ignoring upper case

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

We have a System Username Generation Rule like this:

ASA_0-1685001401481.png

First is upper case X and the first letter of firstname is also always an upper case letter.

So since my name is André, I should be getting "XA.......". But instead it is all lower case "xa.......".

Does anybody know why this is and how to change it (without using advanced query)?

7 REPLIES 7

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @ASA,

Can you please remove the custom string from the first order, Instead try with below order,
firstname ,

lastname ,

customstring 

auto increment.

Thanks,

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

No change in case, this would result in "ax......"

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @ASA,

Can you please confirm if the first name and last name are in uppercase or lowercase?

Thanks,

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

First letter is uppercase in all my tests. From 2nd letter on it's lowercase.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Use advance query but incremental need to be written manual 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @ASA,

By default, the "System Username Generation" feature generates usernames in lowercase. Even if you pass uppercase values, they will be converted to lowercase when using the basic rule. However, in your case where you want the system name to be generated in uppercase, you must utilize the advanced query option.

Here are the steps you should follow:

1.  Set the system name generation rule with advanced query ex: users.customproperty36.
  2. Make sure You have one dynamic attribute in the request form which points to                      customproperty36 and you have to provide some values to this customproperty36 in the uppercase.
  3. Raise a new user request your system name will be generated in upper case.

Thanks

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

The fact that it is always converted to lowercase with basic rule is the information I needed. Makes no sense to me honestly but answers my question. Maybe I post it at ideas portal.