Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SSO with OpenID Connect functionality questions

andresvds
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I have a few question about the implementation of Open ID Connect in Saviynt. I configured Open ID connect just like the documentation (except for using Okta or Azure AD I am using Key cloak). There are still a few points unclear that I don't understand:

1. Where can I see more login logs? I now always look for logs in Admin Function -> Application logs, but the only logs there that have something to do with the SSO are these (see screenshot), no errors or warnings...

andresvds_0-1680850540415.png

2. How does Saviynt connect with the Keycloak instance? I assume there should be a redirect when restarting the application? The external login process on Saviynt isn't mentioned in the documentation anywhere.

3. I have already configured SSO / Key cloak on other software and most of the time I have to pass my Client secret in my config files as well. This isn't the case in the documentation example of the  externalconfig.properties file. Can this work without a IDP secret or do I have to add something like msopenid.clientsecret too?

4. In other software where I used SSO / Key cloak, there always had to be a matching user in the users database as well (so the IDP could match the Keycloak user with a user in Saviynt). Is this the case here as well? Or can the SSO create a new Saviynt user automatically?

I feel like were very close but the main problem is a lack of logs, no errors and no redirect.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Here is my configuration file:

andresvds_1-1680850884587.png

2 REPLIES 2

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@andresvds we are reviewing this question internally and will provide more detailed information in couple of days. Thanks for your patience.

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@andresvds thanks for your patience. Saviynt does not support SSO using OpenID connect, the only option is to use SAML. The documentation is referring to Saviynt Mobile app integration which uses OpenID connect. The documentation team has been notified and are updating the document to clarify it.

In case you need more information on how SAML can be used to perform SSO then let us know Or you can also follow this document for SAML based SSO integration:

For v23.2 or earlier version: https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Config...

For v23.3 : https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Config...