Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

SSO Configuration

GOE
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have a few questions I need clarification on;

1. How do we set up default roles for users who are not in Saviynt but will be created for the first time upon signing in to Saviynt via SSO?
  2. How do we disable SSO configuration in Saviynt in case there's an issue after implementing it. 

Thanks for the help.

Best,

Goodness

4 REPLIES 4

sundas7
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Goodness,

For 2.

As far I know we would need to make the below one =false in AuthenticationConfig.groovy

grails.plugin.springsecurity.saml.active=true

Thanks

Shyam

GOE
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

1. Default role means sav role this can be specified in user import configuration or you can add in externalconfig.properties file

arscloud.defaultuserrole=ROLE_ADMIN

rushikeshvartak_0-1665772063405.png

2. SAML Configuration Link : https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter06-Configuring-SSM/Configuri...

Incase of issue you can disable , follow steps mentioned 

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter06-Configuring-SSM/Disabling... 

Perform the following steps to disable SSO:

1. Log in to Saviynt Security Manager (SSM).

2. Click ADMIN > Settings > Configuration Files.

The Configuration Filespage is displayed.

3. Select AuthenticationConfig.groovy and click Edit.

The Create File dialog box is displayed.

4. Scroll down to the SAML CONFIGURATIONS section in the AuthenticationConfig.groovy file and set the grails.plugin.springsecurity.saml.active parameter to false.

Example: grails.plugin.springsecurity.saml.active=false

5. Click Submit.

6. Restart the service for the change to take effect. For more information, see Restarting the Services.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

GOE
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you, this is helpful!