Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Solution to Capture Account/Entitlement/User Attributes on an Update Action

Srikanth
New Contributor
New Contributor

Team,

This might have been asked earlier, but trying to get some thoughts around it. 

Usecase -

Lets say 3 user attributes are getting updated via import (files or via connection), we should be able to capture this update activity somewhere at the user level in user CP or any other method. On every update of the the 3 user attributes we need to store the old values in user CP.

The actions related to the update could be assigning enterprise roles, removing enterprise roles based on 2nd updated values of the user etc.

Basically, store the old values and new values in CP of the user so that they can be used further in other requirements.

Is there any approach for this.

Example -

1. On user create - User1 - startdate 1 - enddate 1 - middle name 1 > store this in user CP

2. On user update - User1 - startdate 2 - enddate 2 - middle name 2 > store the old values from #1 in a user CP

3. On user update - User1 - startdate 3 - enddate 3 - middle name 3 > store the old values from #2 in a user CP

Assume I am restricting this only to 5 iterations. We will not be storing anything after 5 updates of the user.

I believe the same solution if available will be implied for storing Account attributes when updated, entitlement values when updated.

TIA

1 REPLY 1

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

User History can be retrieved from userhistory table but you cant see in analytics report (Open Enhancement Request  https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-3336)

For Account - There is not history maintained from UI or import ( not even in application audit logs, application audit log capture owner/user mapping logs )

For Entitlement - if updated from UI it will capture logs, if updated from Import it won't. 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.