Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

significance of updateuserjson on AD connection

sampath18
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Guys,

In AD connector what is the significance of "Updateuserjson" field ?. From the documentation it says we can update user attributes for an existing object in AD. So based on that i have tried to push attribute updates for e.g: Department and title. Task was created by user update rule and i have run the wsretry job without giving SS name.

However, we are getting below error.

Error while Update operation for User-99997 in LDAP - DN is null or not found in LDAP . 

Above user is present in AD with same username.

I know that we can use updateaccountjson as well. but we want to separate some of the attributes updates based on certain conditions. so wanted try that using update user task type. But this seems to be not working. Please let me know what am i doing wrong here.

Thanks

Sampath

6 REPLIES 6

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @sampath18 ,

Please provide me with the reconciliation field and the UpdateAccount Json. Also, please verify if the user has a DN in AD.

Thanks,

Ref:- https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/saviynt-knowledge-base/ad-integration-for-account-and-access-provision... 

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

sampath18
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @sudeshjaiswal 

I would like to remind that i have put the query on updateuserjson not the updateaccount json. In my case the updateaccount json is working fine. Where in updateuserjson is causing above reported error.

User has proper DN in AD and we are using objectGuid as recon filed.

In the updateuserjson i just put below simple attributes

{
"sn": "${user.lastname}",
"manager": "${ user.customproperty18}",
"title": "${user.title}",
"department": "${user.departmentname}",
"employeeID": "${user.employeeid}",
"displayname": "${user.displayname}",
"company": "${user.company}"
}

Thanks
Sampath

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @sampath18,

Please confirm if you are using AD as the authoritative source for your users. This is because Updateuserjson is only applicable when AD is the authoritative source.

Thanks,

sampath18
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @sudeshjaiswal 

Thanks for clarifying the doubt. This is what i was looking for. In our case we are not using AD as authoritative source.  But documentation in FD says we can use this for updating existing object in AD. So i thought we can use it for the same purpose. Can you please provide some documentation link where it talks about authoritative source.

Thanks
Sampath

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @sampath18,

Currently the document is not updated, Will get this Document updated accordingly and keep posted on this.

Thanks,

sampath18
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thanks @sudeshjaiswal  This was  very helpful.