Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SIEM Integration - fetchRuntimeControlsDataV2

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Use case is to generate Analytics for integration with SIEM (MS Sentinel)

Documentation is requesting to create a "runtime analytics control (V2) using an SQL query". 

In v23.3, when creating a new Analytics, I can either select SQL, Data Query or Runtime.

When creating a Runtime Analytics, I can successfully post to the api/v5/fetchRuntimeControlsData endpoint.  When posting to api/v5/fetchRuntimeControlsDataV2, I constantly get a "412 Precondition Failed" error.  

User has access to both endpoints.  Removing access to fetchRuntimeControlsDataV2 does trigger the expected 403 error.  412 error is also returned for administrator access.

Is there any reason the SIEM would absolutely need v2 and if yes, what am I missing?

5 REPLIES 5

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Could you please share the body of API call used in fetchRuntimeControlsDataV2

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @RakeshMG ,

Here it is:

{
    "analyticsname""SIEM Integration",
    "max""100",
    "offset""0",
    "attributes": {
        "timeFrame""1"
    }
}

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Could you please try passing analyticsid and let us know the results.

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @RakeshMG 

This is where it gets weirder, I didn't know the analyticsid.  When querying for all analytics through APIs using any criteria, I cannot retrieve this item.

I am able to get the analyticsid from data analyzer though.  I managed to find it under analyticsconfig (and not analyticsconfiges).

That being said, I am getting the same result with analyticsid:

flegare_1-1683032113514.png

Thanks a lot!

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

This is solved, issue was at my end.  Analytics was not created as ES to begin with. 

Lesson learned...

Thanks for your help, it was greatly appreciated!