Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Setting an end date for a SAP role from certification or user update rules

Sampo
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I can find the option to set and end date to a role through an access request.

But is it possible to trigger provisioning an end date to a SAP role from a certification campaign or from user update rules? For example if a role is supposed to be deprovisioned 30 days after conditional certify or in a user update rule 30 days after end date, Saviynt can create a future-dated task that will run in 30 days but we'd rather like to provision a future-dated end date to the SAP role immediately.

Best regards,

Sampo

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This feature is currently not available. but from user update rule you can create custom action

rushikeshvartak_0-1665154035964.png

In certification we cant hold creation of tasks based on certain field. even there is no option from analytics to create extend end date.

You can create feature request from idea portal https://ideas.saviynt.com/ 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Sampo
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply @rushikeshvartak ! Is it possible to use a custom class to create a task to update the end role of a role? I have previously used custom classes to create New Account tasks through Saviynt REST API, but I can't find the option to create an Update Role End Date task through the API. Are there other options do create the task, would writing a row directly to ARSTASKS table work?

Best regards,

Sampo

Direct table insert is not suggested. Instead you create request using createrequest API where you can specify start date & end date and add some additional attributes where you can always auto approve request raised API

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/2s83mbojGM#b7b5fd0f-720d-43d0-8c6d-ed9befceef5a

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.