Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Set user attribute as NULL via Saviynt REST API - updateUser

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Team,

I'm trying to use update user API to set certain customproperty value of user table to NULL - https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/TVsvi7G2#5e6acb36-5804-4301-bda3-9cf3ba14c402

Sivagami_0-1682122371037.png

Instead of mapping null sent in rest API to NULL for the column value in DB, the system is updating it to string value null

Sivagami_2-1682122506686.png

When trying to update it as blank value via API, user customproperty is updated as blank value as well & not NULL

Sivagami_1-1682122396483.png

Sivagami_3-1682122631005.png

I want the attribute to be set as NULL via API. Please confirm how to pass the value in API so that the specific user attribute is set as NULL in DB.

-Siva

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

‘NULL’

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak - This will set string value NULL as column value

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

What is the issue you see when you pass Cp7 as "" in the postman from API call?

Internally in MySQL it will stored as NULL and can be retrieved from SQL query using like  CP7 =''

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@dgandhi - CP7=NULL and CP7='' are not same. Since API updates CP7='' in DB, in all the rules or condition I need to add condition as CP7=''. So everywhere 2 conditions needs to be added CP7='' or CP7 is NULL to trigger needed rules as update from other source maps CP7 properly to NULL in DB.