We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Set Organization during User Import

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

We have the following situation:

We have an Organization with field "Organization Name" set to "ABC". Now we want to assign a user to that organization during import.

If we try via SAP connector in USERIMPORTJSON, it doesn't work. Value is still "ABC" and mapped to column "customer". Log says "Customer Not found for entry".

Relevant excerpt from USERTABLEMAPPING:

"USERIMPORTQRY": "SELECT DISTINCT [...] p0.ORGEH_KURZ customer,[...] FROM SAP_ZIDM_EXPORT p0",
"SAVCOLMAPPING": "[...] customer, [...]",

I can see in logs that right value "ABC" is extracted and present in "p0.ORGEH_KURZ".

I imagine that in this case you need the key instead of name and could look it up using SQL join. Is there an more direct approach to this?

UPDATE

I tried with join over customer table to set key instead of name:

"USERIMPORTQRY": "SELECT DISTINCT [...] c.customerkey customer,[...] FROM SAP_ZIDM_EXPORT p0 JOIN customer c.customername = p0.ORGEH_KURZ",

I can see in logs that for "ABC" the right key "123" is computed. But even with the key log still says "Customer Not found for entry".

UPDATE 2

Tried developing a workaround using MODIFYUSERDATA JSON:

{
"ADDITIONALTABLES": {
"USERS": "SELECT username, CUSTOMPROPERTY2 from USERS ",
"CUSTOMER": "SELECT customername, customerkey from customer",
},
"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS": [
"customer"
],
"PREPROCESSQUERIES": [
"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET CUSTOMER = (select distinct customerkey from CURRENTCUSTOMER where CURRENTCUSTOMER.customername = NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY2)",
],
"CUSTOMFUNCTIONS": {
}
}

CUSTOMPROPERTY2 contains customer name "ABC".

I'm getting same error message in log.

13 REPLIES 13

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @ASA 

Can you let us know how were you tagging org to users via csv and via SAP import.

Thanks

Darshan

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Darshan,

like I said we did both. Via CSV it works, via SAP import it doesn't.

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

No thats fine, Are you using inline pro processor or the in the csv file you are mentioning the column customer, can you let me know how did you do it. ( Basically steps )

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

We use USERIMPORTJSON with USERTABLEMAPPING.

Relevant excerpt:

"USERIMPORTQRY": "SELECT DISTINCT [...] p0.ORGEH_KURZ customer,[...] FROM SAP_ZIDM_EXPORT p0",

I can see in logs that right value "ABC" is extracted and present in "p0.ORGEH_KURZ".

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

On the user import you the column customer is key and customer name is used as org name, can you try with name column and see if you are able to import.

Also on the csv file can you let us know how if you have used inline or in csv file via column.

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

tried with "customername" instead of "customer". Seems to be ignored alltogether. I'm guessing it's not a valid colum during import.

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

HI @ASA 

As discussed, Open a FD ticket and will have a look on this ticket

Thanks

Darshan

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Darshan,

ticket #1634803 opened.

Also I retested import via CSV in current v23.5 and can now confirm that it also doesn't work.

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Sure thanks

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Solved with support team. Solution was this:

The user who is performing the import (or starting/scheduling the import job) needs access the the organizations in SAV role:

ASA_0-1689671153422.png

Both options are required.

niklasfa
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello ASA!

I'm facing a similar problem at the moment. But in my case it doesn't even work with CSV import. My question is how the format in the CSV file has to be so that Saviynt sets the organization during user import. Unfortunately it's not mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

I would really appreciate your answer if you had a few minutes to help me on this problem you've already solved.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Kind regards,
niklasfa

Hi @niklasfa 

Keep the column name as customer and value as org name in the csv file and import it.

if you are importing with role_admin as well - just open the savrole and give All as access to organisation.

this should solve your issue.

Thanks

Darshan 

Thank you, Darshan. This is working for me.