Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Service account owners

Vipul
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

We have a use case for updating service account owners in Saviynt. We have already reconciled the owner's DN in one of the customproperty of the service account. How do we update the owner from the account customproperty?

I was reading the other forums and found that the SavforSav connector can be used to map the owners of service accounts. If someone has done that before, can they share the working XML they used? I didn't find any documentation or sample XML to map the service account owners.

9 REPLIES 9

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Why don't you directly update the owner in saviynt as part of the recon?

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Vipul
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Saviynt doesn't support the update/add of the service account owner during recon.

Sorry, my bad. I mis read as entitlement owner update. Can you update the owners of service account via CSV

You can achieve this by CSV Upload. Please refer the below document where you can find the sample CSV file and the steps.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Uploa....

Thanks.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Vipul
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

CSV import is a manual process, if we get a new service account, we have to update the owner again through CSV import. I'm looking for ways to automate this process.

smithamg
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Vipul,

Have you got any resolution for this? We too have same requirement looking for a solution.

Thanks,
Smitha

Have you explored Sav to Sav option?

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

smithamg
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Devang,

Yes, Sav for sav DB option is not possible coz DB connector doesnot support account owner update.

After refering to below discussion, we did try sav for sav REST option but that doesnot seems to be possible. Please let us know if its feasible throgh REST APIs. Any sample JSONs for the same is appreciated.
https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/third-party-access-governance/how-to-update-service-account-s-owner-in...

Thanks,
Smitha

I havent tried using REST but the API provided in the mentioned link does work. I was able to update the owner with updateAccount API call. Below body for reference:

dgandhi_0-1686258344215.png

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You need to use custom query solution or custom jar. As saviynt db connector does not allow mapping account owner using sav4sav

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.