Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

send notifications for certicate expiry

Nidhins27
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I want to send notification email before the certificates under "Certificate management" expires.

I am referring to the below article:

Certificate Management : Customer Portal (freshdesk.com)

Can you please confirm, what analytics control should I use to achieve this? I see below three, if someone can tell me the difference.

Nidhins27_0-1676466058681.png

Thanks

Nidhi Sharma

5 REPLIES 5

Sheba
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Nidhi,

Scheduling the Certificate Expiry Email Notifications

You can send email notification to users when a certificate is about to expire by configuring the SSL Certificate Expiry Notification analytical control.

• For certificates mapped to any connection, the notification is sent to the members of the default SAV role assigned to that connection.

• For certificates that are not mapped to any connection, the notification is sent to the members of the ROLE_ADMIN SAV role.

The control internally checks for expiration details of the certificates and sends notification using the SSL Certificate Expiry Email default email template for the certificates that are about to expire. To configure the duration of time (in days) to send the email notification before a certificate expires, go to Global Configurations > Preferences > Days to notify before SSL Certificates expires.

To configure the certificate expiry email notification:

1. Click Admin > Global Configurations > Preferences.

2. Specify the number of days prior to certificate expiry to send an email notification in Days to notify before SSL Certificates expires.

3. Click Analytics > Analytics Configuration List > Version 2 and search for the default analytical control named SSL Certificate Expiry Notification.

4. Click Schedule and set the analytical control to run daily. This is the recommended setting.

5. Click Submit.

6. To run the analytical control immediately, click Run > Run Now.
    The analytical control checks for certificates that are about to expire and sends out an email notification using the default email template, SSL Certificate Expiry Email.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter07-General-Administrator-Tas...

Nidhins27
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Sheba,

I have read the same content and did my settings. The issue is that emails are not going.

Thanks

Nidhi

Nidhins27
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The issue has been resolved. 

Dave
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nidhins27 - What was the solution to your problem? Sharing the solution here can help future users who are experiencing a similar problem. 

Nidhins27
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Rootcause: When an email template for analytics has binding variables it doesn't accept any hardcoded mail value.

Solution: It is mandatory to have "${userEmail} in the TO field.

Also, below analytics is to be scheduled:

Nidhins27_0-1677061964218.png