Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Send email even if Analytics Report count is 0 (zero)

yashpalsingh
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

Is there a way to send email even if analytics report count is 0. Saviynt version - 5.5SP3.10

Regards,

Yashpal

10 REPLIES 10

sk
All-Star
All-Star

No, analytics won't send the email when there is no data. Can we understand the use case to assist you better?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

yashpalsingh
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Customer wants the report even if the count is 0 for their audit purpose.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

<%if (totalRecords.equals(0)) print "${ownerEmail}" else print "${ownerEmail}" %>

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I tried as you suggested, but it didn't work.

what is error you are getting canyou print variable and see what value u getting

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @yashpalsingh 

OOTB I don't think Saviynt will send email attachment if output of query is 0.

I am just thinking out loud, just see if that helps.

Union your actual query with one dummy query which always gives 1 record as output.

So in case where the output of your actual query is 0, the query which was union will give one record in output and hence the email notification with report attachment will be triggered for that one dummy record. Obviously the auditors needs to be aware that one record is dummy record and no action is needed.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

yashpalsingh
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks Devang, for the workaround. Let me try that but I was thinking if there is any config required or fixed in the newer versions.

@yashpalsingh No there is no such config that will let you send email without any records. Like @dgandhi mentioned you have to make it work with workaround 

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@yashpalsingh Saviynt OOTB feature does not send email with 0 data.

Although there has to end user training performed to perform workaround.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I actually have an analytic that does send out an email with zero results, and I don't want it to do so. I am not sure why this is occurring but may have been introduced with version 23.3 or 23.4.