Send an Email for specfic user if startdate gates updated

sppnra
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Saviynt Team,

I have a use case where we have to send an email to ServiceNow from Saviynt whose startdate is between 14 days of the period, servicenow will pick the email and create the ticket with relevant attributes from the mail.

But we wanted to know if the user startdate gates updated and it's not in the 14-day period now or if it got updated to start early in within 14 days. how to send out an email again for that particular user. 

Any response will be appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

You will probably need to use the 'Modifyuserdatajson' during user import to populate another customproperty (say customproperty1) with a flag or startdate value only when the date difference is 14 days. Then trigger user update rule whenever the customproperty1 value is updated and use the 'Notify as email' action to send email 

sppnra
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @shivmano ,

Thank you for your response. Can you elaborate on this please didn't understand it properly.

So we have one user update rule written to check for the below condition. Please find the attached SS for the same

sppnra_0-1696426946722.png

So you want me to write modifyuserdataJSON where we populate the start date in some other customproperty and write a JSON to update that customproperty  

As per our test case, we need to notify the servicenow via email that this particular user startdate has been updated 

I think one solution is to write a customquery to store the startdate in on CP and then write a user update rule saying if startdate is updated and startdate != CP then notify via email.

Let me know if this solution is fine or if you can elaborate on your solution please to understand it better

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

If you need to identify change in startdate then, you can just write a condition in user update rule to check Users.startdate is updated and the datediff condition as per your requirement.

Can you please explain more about your below query with example? 

"But we wanted to know if the user startdate gates updated and it's not in the 14-day period now or if it got updated to start early in within 14 days. how to send out an email again for that particular user. "