Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Select Certifier from list (Search )

William3squivel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

When configuring a campaign, a campaign admin has the option to select users from Active directory list, however the current search functionalities will not populate a user if both first and last names are entered within the search bar (see image). Is there an option that allows the search to concatenate first name and last name as there are more than 10K records to search by only using first or last name. 

Certifier from list concat help.png

7 REPLIES 7

Ishan
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Do you have the Display Name Field populated? If not, populate the Display Name field as concatenation of First Name and Last Name during your user import. You can then search for full name in the certifier list once the display name field is populated.

Ishan Kamat
Technical Architect, Professional Services
SaviyntLogo.png

Under what section / module would we go to populate the Display Name field, so we would be able to search for full name in certifier list . could you provide a screenshot of which field to modify ? 

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

If you go to Admin --> Identity Repository --> Users --> open any user. 

You fill find the display name property. PFA a screenshot for the same

ParitaSavla_0-1677619011580.png

Adding the display name did allow the certifier list to concatenate users first and last names during a search. However, I have a follow up question. When a user is actioning a campaign like user manager campaign and has to reassign the certification or consult to another manager, they also have a search pop up box but through testing we have realized that the concatenation of a user's first and last name does not populate the intended user in those searches. Is there a way to allow user first and last name search for the search boxes in consult and reassignment?

reassignment and consult search boxes will not populate concatenadte display name.png

You can only search with the username, firstname and lastname during consult or reassignment. It wont let give you accurate results with Firstname Lastname

Would I need to submit an enhancement request? From a user's perspective if I know the new Manager but do not know their username (5-character ID ) I would either have to search using their first name or their last name but not both?  For example, Mary Rogers is the new manager and I do not know their Username ID I would have to search Mary a Common first name or Rogers a common last name and flip through the pages to find that Exact Manager which can be time consuming to the end user  .

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You can raise it as an enhancement.