Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SecondaryManager attribute users

Robbe_Cronos
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to add a secondary manager attribute to all of the users in our organization, according to the rank of the organization owners (1,2).

I have already added a manager to every user using this query (THIS WORKS):

"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET MANAGER = (SELECT u.username from CURRENTUSERS u, CURRENTORGANIZATION_OWNERS o, CURRENTCUSTOMER c WHERE UPPER(NEWUSERDATA.COMPANY) = UPPER(c.CUSTOMERNAME) AND o.RANK = '1' AND c.CUSTOMERKEY = o.CUSTOMERKEY AND o.USERKEY = u.USERKEY)"

When i try to do the same thing for the secondaryManager, no SecondaryManager is filled in on the user attributes. but I do not get an error message. I have 2 organization owners in every organization and they are ranked 1 and 2.

"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET MANAGER = (SELECT u.username from CURRENTUSERS u, CURRENTORGANIZATION_OWNERS o, CURRENTCUSTOMER c WHERE UPPER(NEWUSERDATA.COMPANY) = UPPER(c.CUSTOMERNAME) AND o.RANK = '2' AND c.CUSTOMERKEY = o.CUSTOMERKEY AND o.USERKEY = u.USERKEY)"

Anyone know why the SecondaryManager Attribute does not get filled in?

2 REPLIES 2

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Try below

UPDATE NEWUSERDATA INNER JOIN CURRENTCUSTOMER C ON UPPER(NEWUSERDATA.COMPANY) = UPPER(C.CUSTOMERNAME) INNER JOIN CURRENTORGANIZATION_OWNERS O ON C.CUSTOMERKEY = O.CUSTOMERKEY INNER JOIN CURRENTUSERS U ON O.USERKEY=U.USERKEY SET SECONDARYMANAGER=U.USERNAME WHERE O.RANK=2

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Robbe_Cronos
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

I just tried it, it's the same result as my query. No error, but secondarymanager attribute is not filled.