We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Secondary Line manager

Peter
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, 

We are considering using the secondary line manager attribute to represent a matrix organisation. 

For reference, we are planning on using the secondary line manager across various governance activities, e.g. workflow approval, UM1 and UM2 attestation campaigns and succession management.

It appears to be a good choice. However, I wanted to know if anybody in the community had used this attribute and could provide feedback on the scenario you used it for and any 'gotchas' that would be useful to have known before you started.

Also would be good to know if anybody used this as part of succession management, i.e. secondary line manager leaves, and the identity is sent up a level? This would be for identities for which we don't have an authoritative source to drive secondary line manager

Thanks

Peter

4 REPLIES 4

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Peter 

You can use the Secondary manager in campaigns ,workflows.

For Succession management - we have only for manager ( you can use owner on terminate field to get the manager field updated once the manager gets terminated ).

You can explore on owner on terminate option below

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/TPAG-Guide-v23x/page/Content/Automated-User-Offboarding.htm

Thanks

Darshan

Hi Darshan,

Thanks for that.

I would still be interested in hearing from any customers. Sometimes the scenarios in the documentation don't play out as expected so looking for people to provide any insights. 

How do people maintain secondary manager attribute? People leave, so if the manager is the only attribute for succession management, what happens when the secondary manager leaves? Are there mechanisms to update this?

Thanks

Peter

Sure @Peter

Right now there is no out of the box feature to update secondary manager directly, the owner on terminate gives these the features which are explained , specially on users table  below are the actions allowed .

Capture.PNG

Thanks

Darshan

Hi Darshan,

Thanks for the info on the official documentation. I am gathering that as no one else has answered, there are no customers who have used this attribute from whom I can draw experience and 'gotchas.'

I'll wait a couple more days, and then I'll close the request. 

Peter