Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

SchemaUserJob with JSON modification

QNeumayer
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to import users with the schemauserjob that is well working for basic user import.

But, I need to make pre process on these with some json code. From the sample of the freshdesk I see that it's possible:

QNeumayer_0-1677055281104.png

But when I have this line as last line at the end of my .sav file per exemple it is allways triggering me an error : 

Error in Users Import - Username column is mandatory and not present in data

But I have the username column, so I tried to put the modifyuserdatajson one line above, and then it's not triggering error at all but completely ignoring the process..

Could you please give me an sample of a .sav file with a working configuration with modifyuserdatajson making easy modification (just a simple one but that's working so then I can modify it for my use case)?

Best regards,

Quentin NEUMAYER

8 REPLIES 8

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you please share the sav file you are using, Also if you are using any custom java function it has to be available and it will use username as key field to identify the users

Hi,

Here is the .sav i'm using. I don't think I'm using any special java function, I just want to set the user to active in the case of his location is switzerland or int the case he has an entitlement with authorized location switzerland.

Regards

I see you have used ACTIVEIDENTITIES which is not actual SSM table you just aliased users table. I don't think it is supported like that.

What is the logic you want to implement in preprocessor?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

QNeumayer
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

My goal here is only to have a working sample, so then I can edit in function of my use case. I have many use case that I will have to perform thanks to this. Per example, if the location of my user is switzerland, set the status of the account to active.

Actually the error message that I receive through savyint is that I don't have username column. So I would like to try a working example.

Regards,

Regards

PFA sav file which you can use. ( Sample one - update new queries if needed )

I see there was a query error where u didn't mention alias u for users table. 

Also make sure modify user data json should be in one single line- if its having multiple lines it will error out.

Let me know if you still face any issue.

@sk  I see u had a doubt whether ACTIVEIDENTITIES table can be used or not, it is supported these are temporary tables which are created so you can choose any naming conventions.

@Darshanjain : Thanks for confirming 

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample which isn't giving error, but the problem is that it doesn't activate my user when I run it:

QNeumayer_0-1678185080512.png

This is my CSV File:

username,first name, last name, country
"test9actif","Quentin","Neumayer","SWITZERLAND"

and you will find my .sav file attached

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @QNeumayer 

You can check the logs, you will get a fare idea where you are doing the mistake. Please check and see which query is having issues while updating and try to fix it. 

If you still face a issue, let me know the error what you are getting and will check 

Thanks

Darshan