Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Saviynt for Saviynt in v2021

sandeepverma
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

I am not getting "saviynt for saviynt"  feature in global configuration under preference section.

Could you help me.

Thank you,

10 REPLIES 10

Nikitaj
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @sandeepverma 

Could you please share the complete snip of the features in preferences tab under global config.

Thanks
Nikita

Srinivas
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @sandeepverma 

Its under Features attached snip.

Srinivas_0-1668582341973.png

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas

amit_krishnajit
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@sandeepverma - Saviynt for Saviynt via Database based connector is not allowed v2021 onwards.

Please explore the same using REST connector using Saviynt REST APIs. Users import, governance and other use-cases should be achieved using Saviynt REST APIs.

Thanks,
Amit

@sagars@Nikitaj

How sav role can be added and removed in rest

https://domain.saviyntcloud.com/ECM/api/login/ECM/api/v5/addremoveuserfromrole

we are using above url which works in postman but in connection add entitlement not sav . Can you share add access json if available

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sandeepverma
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Amit,

but once I click to uncheck enable configuration under the preference section of global configuration I can see on/off Saviynt for Saviynt there, so it also won't work now because option is available.

Thank you

@sandeepverma,

Yes it wont work as its been deprecated. We will we bringing REST based Saviynt 4 Saviynt in future release , You can build generic REST connector using our REST API.

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/UUxwBoms?version=latest

Regards,
Sagar Srikantaiah

What if we have some functionalities developed on Saviynt DB connection in older version and now we upgraded to latest version will the existing connections work as it is or do we need to migrate those functionalities using REST connection?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

You need to migrate to REST. Saviynt doesn’t provide database details

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Connections are already setup and are available in PROD which are working as expected now. Will they continue to work if we upgrade to latest version? I assume existing connections will continue to work and for any new connection we might need to use REST connections. But just want to confirm the same if existing connections also require to be migrated to REST?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Existing connector also needs to be migrated

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak