Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Sav4Sav REST User Import and ModifyUserdataJSON (Import preprocessing)

tarung702
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

So I need to utilize Sav 4 Sav REST Connector to reimport data after it's been transformed via the Modifyuserdatajson into the users table. 

I've got a register user form that captures a date value. I need to write that value to the account record in Sav4Sav REST (idk if this step is a necessity, as I don't need to write data for other connections into any endpoint to import userdata and transform it, like in AD I use the userattribute section to map attributes from AD and use the modifyuserdatajson to modify, and perform some logic on data while I import the modified value(s) back into the user record). 

End goal is to be able to accomplish data transformations with the modifyuserdatajson similar to how we do it via an HRMS import, or when importing user data from AD in the user attribute field that both can kick off the modifyuserdatajson import preprocessor.

I need to do the same thing for a user created via the form. 

How do we do this via Sav for Sav? Can you provide a sample Import JSON and what section of the connector to run it in to update our users table record with a transformed record from SAV4SAV?

3 REPLIES 3

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@tarung702 can you confirm if we understand the requirement correctly - you have user registration for which is used to create user in Saviynt. Once the user is created you want manipulate some of user attributes. For this requirement you are planning to use Sav 4 Sav REST connector.

Can you confirm if this is correct understanding.

tarung702
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Yessir this is correct. 

I'm trying to do same as I would from AD for example where I use the modifyuserdatajson based on what is in the userattribute section to compute data transformations that get populated in the users table on import of AD. 

If there was a modifyuserdata functionality in the register user form we probably wouldn't need to do this with S4S but there isnt so we do. 

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@tarung702 thanks for clarification.

Saviynt 4 Saviynt is an approach where Saviynt is both the source and target while performing user import. The only time we want to use it is when we have to manipulate some data in Saviynt and standard inline/preprocessor option is not available (like in your case).

Saviynt 4 Saviynt primarily is configuring REST connector to perform user import. Refer below following key steps for configuration:

• Identify the API that you want to use to import users. There is getUser API that can be used if it satisfy your requirement. While importing the user from Saviynt, make sure to use search filter (based on your requirement) so that not all user are retrieved and cause performance issue. Sometimes it is hard to find a search filter that satisfy the requirement- in that case you can make use of analytics which returns only the users that you need for data manipulation and while importing user call the analytics using the API fetchControlDetailsES. In this example I am providing the sample JSON for an analytics API - so the first step is to create the analytic which returns the list  of users for which you want to manipulate data.
  • Create a API service account and assign the SAV role that has webservice access to call at least analytics APIs
  • Configure REST connector and in the ConnectionJSON provide connection to call Saviynt API (refer attachment for sample connectionJSON)
  • Update the ImportUserJSON to call the analytics API (refer attachment for sample)
  • Since this now a import user process, you can use the inline preprocessor to perform manipulation of data before its updated in user attribute 

Let us know if case you have any other question.