Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SAV Roles

maurabagley
New Contributor
New Contributor

In a database connection, you can set a default SAV role.  Is there a way to set a specific SAV role based on the source data directly in the database connection?  I know you can add a SAV role via a custom query, analytics, SAV2SAV connection but I was hoping to be able to do it as part of the user import.

If that is not possible and I use a SAV2SAV connection, what is the recommended way to do that now?  Still use a database connection or use a REST connection?

5 REPLIES 5

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Please try following step :

1 - Create SAV Role as Enterprise Role.

2 - Create a technical rule with specific attribute of user and add the created Role in the SAV role.

3 - Mark the rule as birthright.

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

How would I make a SAV role an enterprise role?

Use SAV To SAV , When you do this , all the sav roles will be created as entitlement in Saviynt.

Assign this entitlement in the technical rule as birthright. Once the entitlement is assigned to the user, the corresponding SAV Role will be mapped.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

maurabagley
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm aware I can use the SAV to SAV connection but was hoping that since we can set a default SAV role during a user import (without a SAV to SAV connection), that there was a way to set non-default SAV roles that way as well.  I know that was possible in older versions but didn't know if it had been added in the more recent releases.

Also, I was curious if Saviynt has a preferred method for the SAV to SAV connection, database or REST.

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Also, I was curious if Saviynt has a preferred method for the SAV to SAV connection, database or REST.

Please use REST.

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar