Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SAV Roles: Temporary access needs

cgarwood
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a handful of custom Sav roles that align to how my organization uses Saviynt. I want to be able to grant some users temporary access to action requests from the list view. From what I understand, you can't stack roles with conflicting access levels because it will defer to the lower access. This means I can't just create an empty role and switch on the "show actions in request approval list" and add it to a user temporarily when we want to enable them. Any way to accomplish this without creating a copy of their existing sav role with the updated setting and shufling the user around any time they need temporary access? 

2 REPLIES 2

DaanishJawed
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. The only option is to create a copy of the existing SAV role and turn the "show actions in request approval list" config on. Please test this and let us know.

I did try other combinations but it did not work and the above is the only option.

More on SAV Roles can be found at - https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v232/page/Content/Chapter09-SAV-Roles/SAV-Roles.htm

cgarwood
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I was able to make this work. It seems the issue I was having was related to how quicly changes to sav roles would translate to added functionality in saviynt. Some features become enabled instantly, while others take an hour or more before they start working.