Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SAV Roles: Feature Access Updates

cgarwood
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

How long does it take changes to push through once changed in the sav role? Part of the struggle with trying to build roles and testing them is how hit-or-miss changes have been on flowing through. Sometimes I only need to refresh my browser, sometimes I have to reauthenticate, sometimes I have to purge my browser, sometimes I have to wait an hour. Is there any way to view existing access as a logged in user so I can tell whether the feature does not work like I expected or if it just has not taken effect yet?

7 REPLIES 7

sk
All-Star
All-Star

If you open browser Developer Tools while logging in to Saviynt you can see mapped features of logged in user . You will find one entry with username where you can find details of features mapped to user. Based on this response you can at least determine whether the feature got applied or not to user profile.

In below screenshot E900xxx is the username that logged in to Saviynt

sk_1-1677104681942.png

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

cgarwood
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks @sk , this worked. I intend to mark your answer as the solution, but I want to leave the thread active for the moment in case someone from Saviynt might be able to weigh in on their recommended procedure if different from yours. I would prefer not to have to re-auth and monitor network traffic every time I am testing a change.

you can refresh your page to get the latest mapping. But generally it is better to logout and login back to take effect of SAV Role changes.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@sk In the screenshot , I can see JSON object blockedFeatures, can we even block features in Saviynt 2021.x ?

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

@Manu269 : As per my observation/understanding, Blocked features are nothing but features that are not added to that sav role. For example if Saviynt has 300+ features you might be adding 100 features for an end user Sav Role so those 100 features falls under mapped features remaining  200 features falls under blocked features. 

Regards,
Saathvik

@sk Many thanks for the clarifications.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

cgarwood
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Just as a bit of an update, I was able to confirm on a few occasions that the features were correct as viewed in dev console, but refreshing access, reauthenticating, or using a new browsing session did not solve the issue. Is there any scheduled process on the server side that impacts which features I should be able to use? For reference, I was trying to add access to manage roles. I added both options from Feature Access to the sav role, saved, refreshed access, logged out, cleared browsing history, logged in, and the feature was still not visible. It showed up in the list of mapped feature, but not in the UI. I circled back a few hours later and it was working and I could access roles.