Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SAV role for SaviyntforSaviynt REST connector

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi all,

I created the following SAV role to give a service user permissions to update the users' status using Saviynt rest API (specifically to implement a SaviyntforSaviynt REST connector - POST call to https://<tenant url>/ECM/api/v5/updateUser)

The role works perfectly for me in our pre-production environment but not in production (the two environments have the same product version).

JustSalva_0-1658492280727.pngJustSalva_1-1658492323502.pngJustSalva_2-1658492337742.png

Am I missing something? 

I would rule out a misconfiguration in the production environment connector, just adding the ROLE_ADMIN to the service user everything works.

5 REPLIES 5

Nikitaj
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @JustSalva 

Could you please confirm the error you are getting?

Thanks
Nikita

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Nikitaj,

this is the error I get both from postman and from saviynt:

"title":"HTTP Status 403 – Forbidden"},"lang":"en","body":{"h1":"HTTP Status 403 – Forbidden"}}},"statusCode":403,"description":null,"status":"Failed"}}

Hi @JustSalva 

Could you please change the SAV role detail configuration as below and confirm

Nikitaj_0-1658738364131.png

Thanks
Nikita

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Is Saviynt4Saviynt is connection? Or you are trying to use saviynt REST API using some custom jar / postman

If its connection try adding sav role under connection. 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

It is a S4S REST connector. 

Thank you, adding the sav role under the connection worked!

It's still unclear to me why in the pre-prod environment this was not required though...