Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Running simple ExternalJarJob jar file Issues

andresvds
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I cant seem to figure out the "ExternalJarJob". I'm just trying to run a jar file. I uploaded the jar file to File Directory in the section externalJar. After looking through the documentation I found this line "Ensure that the JAR file is copied to /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.29/webapps/ECM/WEB-INF/lib/". Where can I find this path and is this necessary to do or is uploading the jar file in the file directory enough? To simplify my question and to start off, I created a simple Jar file that just contains a Hello World to see if my Jar Jobs work (just a simple class, main with no arguments). What am I doing wrong here? I added some screenshots of my current setup and files.

Thank you!

FileDirectory.png

JobHistoryError.png

JobSettings.png

LocalJarFolder.png

2 REPLIES 2

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @andresvds 

The Jar can be uploaded from the UI but make sure once it is uploaded, You need to do clean restart of servers to reflect. Once it is done you can run the job and see if you are facing any errors.

Thanks

Darshan

Thanks for the quick answer! An Application restart solved my problem as you suggested!