Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Role nesting

Robbe_Cronos
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello,

We are looking for some information. We have noticed you can add child roles to enterprise roles and application roles. 

We have tried to add an application role as a child role to an enterprise role, to get that application role's entitlements. But when we try to request the enterprise role for an account, we don't get the entitlements from the application role added to our account. 

Can we not get application roles added to an account through a enterprise role? We know an enterprise role can be used for every application and an application role is only for a specific application, so we wanted some clarification on this.

Kind regards,

Robbe

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is working as expected for me. do you see any error in logs & does entitlement are active 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hello,

I just checked something. It seems when i use a technical rule to assign the enterprise role with application role as child role, it will generate a task (which is correct).

But when i try to request the enterprise role for a user, a task is not made. 

I don't see anything in the logs that may help with this issue. Do you have any idea why this happens?

Kind regards,

Robbe

Enterprise role is requested via which tile

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

We found it!

We had to add a FutureEntJob in the job control panel and run it to see the tasks generated from Enterprise role requests.