Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Role Modification Workflow

Pagrahari
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am working on Role Modification Workflow where I want to send the approval to the role owner with rank 1 using custom query. I tried using the below query but it doesnt seems to work as the approval is routed to admin always. 

SELECT ro.userkey from role_owners ro,request_access ra where ra.accesskey = ro.rolekey and ra.requestkey = ${ARSREQUEST.id} and ro.rank = 1

Could someone please help me identifying what am I missing here. Also, if possible could someone please help me understand during role modification workflow, which tables are being referenced in the order they are being called from the workflow.

8 REPLIES 8

NM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Pagrahari , is accesskey giving the same rolekey value can you check in data analyzer and share the record 

Pagrahari
New Contributor
New Contributor

No accesskey is not giving the correct rolekey. I checked in data analyzer.

NM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Pagrahari , which value does it show? does it show access key of entitlement.

Pagrahari
New Contributor
New Contributor

Post debugging for sometime, I understood that accesskey in request_access table is not referring to the rolekey. The accesskey is also not referring to the entitlement too. If we add condition to map accesskey from request_access table to the rolekey in the roles table, the resulted role is not the desired role which is a part of the role modification request.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Try below:

select userkey from role_owners where rolekey=${REQUESTACCESSOBJ.rolekey} and rank = 1;

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

This query doesnt work as the approval is routed to admin.

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

@Pagrahari ,

Can you try the below query:

select ro.USERKEY from role_owners ro, roles_history rh, request_access ra, ars_requests ar where ra.ACCESSKEY = rh.ROLES_HISTORYKEY and rh.ROLEKEY = ro.ROLEKEY and ar.REQUESTKEY= ra.REQUESTKEY and ar.REQUESTKEY = ${ARSREQUEST.id} and ro.RANK=1

If this helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

Yes this worked. Thanks a lot 🙂